MyUPGRADE – Terms and Conditions
1. The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") shall apply to an offer (“Offer”) made by you (“passenger”, “you”) to Air Astana (“the airline”, “Air Astana”, “us”), located at main legal address: Republic of Kazakhstan, Almaty, 050039, 4A Zakarpatskaya Street, for an opportunity to upgrade from an original purchased Economy Class ticket to a Business Class (“Upgrade” or “MyUPGRADE”).
2. You must be at least 18 years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Passengers may only submit one Offer per flight which corresponds to the purchased ticket issued on Air Astana document number 465, and offers must always be made and paid by using a credit card. Minimum/Maximum upgrade offer values apply.
4. An Offer, when submitted by you in association with a booking made with Air Astana, whether made directly with Air Astana or indirectly through other means, and presented to Air Astana, shall entitle the person or persons named on the Offer, subject to these Terms and Conditions, to be considered for an Upgrade.
5. Air Astana reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not to accept your Offer, and it makes no representation that any passenger will be upgraded regardless of whether or not seats are available in the class of service for which an Offer is being made.
6. You may revise or cancel your Offer through the hyperlink on the offer email provided that you make this request a minimum of 48 hours before departure. After this time, and in the case that your Offer has been accepted, you are legally bound to complete payment for the price that you stated in your offer.
7. An Offer that complies with these Terms and Conditions will be valid (“Valid Offer”) from the time of its submission to Air Astana, with the validity of the offer expiring at the scheduled departure date and time, or, in the event that the flight has been delayed, the time at which the airplane doors have been closed for departure. Furthermore, should you cancel your Offer, the offer shall no longer be a Valid Offer.
8. In the event Air Astana re-accommodates you on to another flight for whatever reason other than your default, any Offer you made in relation to the original booking must be transferred to the new flight(s), subject to availability of the upgraded class.
9. Air Astana may accept your Offer any time during the period it remains a Valid Offer. In the event Air Astana accepts your Offer, your credit card shall be charged the full amount immediately upon acceptance, and Air Astana will issue a new ticket reflecting your Upgrade to each passenger included in your original flight booking. The total amount charged will include all applicable pre-payable taxes and fees (if any) for the Upgrade. The total amount that you must pay to us will be disclosed to you prior to you submitting your Offer. An Upgrade that has been issued by Air Astana can be changed or transferred only in accordance with applicable Fare Rules and our Condition of Carriage.
10. The charge on your credit card may appear in the name of “Air Astana”. You agree that you cannot challenge or dispute a charge for reason of the name appearing on the credit card statement is Air Astana.
11. There will be no refunds, credits, or exchanges once your Offer has been accepted by Air Astana and your credit card has been charged, except under the following conditions:
- The flight for which your Offer was accepted and you were upgraded was cancelled, and Air Astana re-accommodated you on another flight but in the class of service of your original booking, in which case the amount paid for the Upgrade will be refunded to the payment card that was used to pay for the Upgrade and Air Astana shall have not further liability to you.
- Your Offer was accepted and you were given an Upgrade, but you were not able to be seated in the upgraded class of service for reasons attributable to Air Astana, including, but not limited to, a change in equipment, a delay in the connecting flight that resulted in your missing the connection on which you were upgraded, but excluding reasons attributable to your actions, including, but not limited to, you on your own volition opting to change flights, you missing a flight.
You are entitled to refunds, credits, or exchanges under applicable Fare Rules and/or our Conditions of Carriage.
12. Should refunds be approved, they will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade amount was charged. Such refunds would be limited to amount charged for the upgrade and no bank related charges will be refunded, note that refund usually takes about 10 working days to reflect in your account.
13. The fare conditions for the original ticket you purchased shall remain in effect and will be applicable even if your Offer has been accepted and you have been upgraded, including, but not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, and rules relating to the accrual of frequent flyer points.
14. If the passenger changes their ticket, Air Astana has no obligation to seat them in the upgraded class of service, unless they pay for the Upgrade as per the airlines’ standard change policies and the policies and conditions associated with the fare class of original ticket.
15. Air Astana does not guarantee specific seat assignments to passengers whose Offers are accepted and who are upgraded.
16. Air Astana chauffeur services between Abu Dhabi and Dubai will not be provided to passengers whose Offers are accepted and are upgraded between Astana and Abu Dhabi.
17. The Upgrade program ‘MyUPGRADE’ is only valid for Air Astana operated flights, booked under the Air Astana two letter designator (KC). No codeshare flights (either Air Astana Marketed and other airline operated; or Other Airline Marketed and Air Astana operated) are eligible for this program.
18. Nomad Club points will be awarded to the passenger on the basis of the originally booked Economy Class ticket and booking class.
19. In the event your Offer was accepted and your credit card was charged the Offer amount but the Upgrade was not provided, you may apply for a refund. Your request must include the original boarding pass for the flight in question. If you are not able to provide the original boarding pass for the flight in dispute, Air Astana is under no obligation to refund you for the amount you paid for the Upgrade.
20. Infants (below 2 years) are not eligible for this program. In the instance that a reservation includes infant passengers, the passengers in the reservation will not be eligible for this program.
21. Air Astana reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at their own discretion. Except as provided for in the preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Air Astana unless made in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Air Astana.
The failure of Air Astana to exercise any of its rights shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and your obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.